We return to the dry heat of Frank Herbert's Dune, picking up this week with chapter __. Frank, would chapter numbers have killed ya?
We will continue to mark the chapters by quoting the first sentence (or thereabouts) of the epigraph that mark their beginnings.
What do you despise? By this are you truly known?
Hmm. An interesting thought, but I'm not sure I agree with it. Things I despise include, but are not limited to, the following:
- black holes
- wearing your pants pulled down to mid-thigh (it's idiotic and makes the wearer look like an idiot and is also stupid and dumb)
- Kardashians and similar scum
- people who willingly pay attention to Kardashians and similar scum
- the fact that chili-cheese dogs are unhealthy
- the unceasing passage of time
- people who leave the shopping carts in the middle of a parking lot
- people who don't flush public toilets
- post-1990 slang
I could go on at some length. And I'd imagine that by the end of the list, you'd have a strong working knowledge of who I am.
So hey, you know what? I think I agree with Muad'Dib on this one.